If your Moto G7 mobile data is not working, do not worry about it. It’s not difficult to fix your Moto G7 doesn’t have mobile data or internet issues. You must ensure your phone has a stable network range and mobile data is turned on.
If your mobile Internet is still not working despite these two requirements, try troubleshooting your device and refer to the guides below.
Problems you may face on your Moto G7 phone:
There is no data available for Moto G7.
Can’t access the Internet with mobile data.
Solutions of Moto G7 Mobile Data Not Working 2023
Here are some things you can try to fix the Mobile data issues.
- Turn the device off completely and then on again.
- Make sure you are connected to the network.
- Go to Settings > Data Usage and ensure Cellular Data is turned on and no data restrictions are blocked.
- Settings > More, Go to > Cellular Networks > Access Point Name, and ensure you have selected a carrier.
Contact your network provider if your data connection still doesn’t connect to the Internet. They can provide official recommendations and additional information on the matter.
Other ways to fix mobile data not working on Motorola Moto G7 in 2023
1. Turn ON/OFF mobile data
Without a doubt, this is the easiest troubleshooting method I’ve ever tried. Just turn off mobile data on your phone. Wait a few seconds before powering on. That’s pretty much anything you can do. This fixes any temporary bugs related to your device’s software or network functions.
2. Toggle Airplane Mode
Didn’t the first method work? This method can fix temporary mobile data not working on Motorola Moto G7 plus. When you enter airplane mode, all external connections will be shut down by default.
This method is widely used to troubleshoot network-related issues, so you should do so. Check whether mobile data works by holding the connection for a few seconds and then disconnecting it.
3. Check for lack of data
If you stream many videos or play games on mobile data, chances are you’ll run out of data depending on your data quota for the day.
Not all carriers will notify you when your data limit is approaching or ending, so it’s easy to overdo it. Check if you still have any data left. Purchase additional data to access the Internet from your phone via mobile data.
4. Turn on airplane mode and keep it enabled
- Turn off your Motorola Moto G7.
- Remove and wipe the SIM card with a clean tissue or cloth, but do not scrub too hard.
- Reinsert the SIM card and reboot the phone.
- Next, turn off airplane mode.
- Check if this restores mobile data access on your Motorola Moto G7.
5. Check Current Network Preferences/Modes
Motorola Moto G7 works on network types to be only 2G, 3G, 4G, or 5G. If you have a 2G or 3G-only subscription and try to connect to 4G, you will not be able to connect.
This is because the settings are not registered for other generations. Of course, if you have a 5G phone, you can sign up for 5G, but most devices are only 4G compatible.
Here’s how to change the settings
- First, go to Settings >> Network & Internet.
- Next, tap “Mobile Networks >> Preferred Network Type.”
- Select the recommended network type, so the system automatically registers to available networks.
- Remove the SIM and reinsert it.
Since the SIM card is an integrated chip, scratches and scratches can cause it to malfunction. Scratches can occur from repeated removal and insertion of SIM cards or other irritants that cause abrasions.
6. Check for intermittent problems
Suppose you have one or two SIMs in your phone and cannot use mobile data or one or both. You can call the carrier and ask. This issue occurs because there may be intermittent or intermittent issues with your mobile data or connecting with your page.
If this is a long-term issue, consider moving to another carrier and ensure your mobile data not working on Motorola Moto G7 remains intact.
7. Reset APN settings
Your phone won’t magically work on mobile data allowing internet access, but many locations are involved. All these settings belong to the access point name (APN), which includes ports, IP addresses, getaways, and more.
Incorrectly altered APN settings can make mobile data or other services unavailable or unstable. Fixing the problem will fix it, though.
First, open Settings and go to SIM & networks settings >> select your SIM card (if you have dual SIM). Go to the access point name. There are three dotted lines or cog options for the selected APN, so tap them and hit the “Reset to Default” option.
8. Wipe the cache partition
The system uses the cache to boot and operate apps faster than supported when searching. However, supplies can cause more problems than you think. It is behind most issues like phone lagging or freezing, unresponsive screen, performance issues, frame drops, WiFi, or other features not working.
Motorola Moto G7 has a cache partition that needs to be cleared. This will eliminate the side effects caused by this. Here’s how.
9. Reset the phone’s network settings
You or someone may have changed the phone’s network settings, or it may have happened accidentally. Anyway, resetting to default settings fixed it. Here’s how.
- Go to Settings > System > Reset Options.
- Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Select the SIM card you want to reset and hit Reset Settings.
- You can reset your settings by entering your PIN/password when requested.
How to turn on mobile data on Moto G7?
- Swipe up from the home screen to access all apps.
- Navigation: settings icon network and internet network and internet icon mobile network.
- Tap the Mobile Data switch to turn it on or off.
- When prompted, press OK to confirm.
How to reset the network settings on my Moto G7?
If you cannot connect to the Internet or send or receive emails and messages (texts, photos, or videos), resetting your network settings may help.
The steps below will clear or restore the following to their default values:
- Cellular and WiFi network settings (including saved networks and passwords)
- Swipe up from the home screen to access all apps.
- Navigation: Settings Settings Icon System.
- Tap Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Tap Reset Settings.
- Enter your PIN, password, or pattern when prompted.
- Tap Reset Settings to confirm.
We hope this post has helped you solve your Moto G7 phone without mobile data/internet.