Are you looking for an affordable smartphone that can handle everyday tasks like web browsing, streaming media, and sending email? So today we will review Motorola’s new ‘E-series’ smartphone: the Moto E5 Plus.
The slightly more powerful and modern-looking Moto E5 Plus is available in 2022 for around $115 to $120. This is a fairly affordable price given the specs it offers. We were able to get our hands on the device, so here’s our review.
Motorola Moto E5 Plus Review 2022
The Moto E5 Plus has a much nicer, more modern design and has a glass back that gives it a luxurious feel but is prone to scratches. It also has an 18:9 aspect ratio display with rounded corners and slim bezels to give your smartphone a trendy look.
The E5 Plus comes with a 6.0″ display at 268 PPI at an HD+ resolution of 720 x 1440. It supports 720p resolution and pixels. The E5 Plus comes with color production, dynamics, and vividness. It’s also water-resistant thanks to the nano-coating, but can’t be submerged, so don’t take it to the pool. The E5 Plus has brightened up to 390 nits, which is terrible in direct sunlight.
The Moto E5+ has a 12-megapixel sensor with laser autofocus and phase-detection autofocus (PDAF) on the camera bump. On the front, there is a 5MP camera. You can get some dynamic range. Detail, Saturation, and Contrast.
The phone is running a clean version of Android 8.0. The E5 Plus goes a step further by offering 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and the slightly more powerful Snapdragon 435. The phone has a micro SD card slot, allowing you to add up to 128 Gig of storage space. You can also play light games on Moto E+.
The E5 Plus is one of Motorola’s best battery life phones that can be used for two days straight without charging thanks to the 5000mAh battery that takes 2 hours to fully charge.
Is the Moto E5 Plus worth buying in 2022?
The 6-inch Motorola Moto E5 Plus offers solid overall performance, fantastic battery life, and minimal Android skins. With a price of around £109.90, the phone is still worth buying.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the specifications of the Motorola Moto E5 Plus?
The Motorola Moto E5 Plus was released in May 2018. Become a fan 6.0” 720×1440 pixels 12MP 1080p 2/3GB RAM Snapdragon 425 5000mAh Li-ion.
How much does the Moto E5 cost?
The Moto E5 is the fifth generation of the low-cost Moto E family of Android smartphones developed by Motorola Mobility. After the success of the 4th Generation Phone, it consists of three sub-models: the E5 Play, E5 and E5 Plus. The model is priced around $115 to $120, so this phone is in the budget segment of the smartphone market.
How old is the Moto E5 Plus?
The Moto E5 Plus is the fifth generation of the Moto E family and was released in April 2018.
Is the Moto E5 Play the same as the E5 plus?
The screen is another major point of the three differences. The standard E5 has a 5.7-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 1,440×720 pixels. A 6-inch panel on the E5 Plus with the same resolution is best. As expected, the E5 Play is the worst with a 5.3-inch, 960×480 pixel screen.
Does Moto E5 Plus support fast charging?
The Moto E5 Plus also supports 15W TurboPower charging, which quickly charges the battery. I was able to charge the battery from 0% up to 22% in 20 minutes.
Is Moto E5 play 5g compatible?
Moto E5 Plus supports 5Ghz.
Does the Moto E5 plus have a removable battery?
It is an all-in-one device with a non-removable internal battery.
Is the Moto E5 Plus waterproof?
The Moto E5 plus handset has a waterproof coating on the body, so you don’t have to worry about checking the time in case of splashes or a bit of rain. However, as there is no IP6X certification, the Moto E5 Play is not waterproof.
Will the Moto E5 plus get an Android P update?
Moto e5 plus will no longer receive updates. If an update is available, follow the instructions on your phone to download and install it. When the update is complete, the phone will restart to complete the installation.
Will the Moto E5 Plus come with Android 9?
Moto E5 Plus was added to GitHub today. That said, it has been confirmed to be compatible with Android 9 Pie based on the Treble ROM available in the project. This ROM provides the user with a GSI system image file that can be installed on their device to obtain a Pie.
How to Replace Moto E5 Plus Battery?
- Make sure the device is powered off.
- Remove the battery cover by gently lifting it from the notch in the lower corner.
- Do one of the following:
- Make sure the connector on the battery matches the connector on the device.
- Remove the battery by lifting it from the notch on the bottom edge of the battery compartment.
- Align the battery cover, then press gently to snap the cover into place.
What are the Instructions for Moto E5 Plus new Battery?
Motorola Moto E5 Plus new Original Battery Instructions:
- Charge the battery for at least 3 hours before using it for the first time.
- Use a genuine charger or professional battery charger.
- Do not place the battery near a heat source. Excessive heat can damage cell phone batteries and make them very hot.
- Always charge the battery at a temperature close to room temperature (0°-45°).
- Do not disassemble or modify the battery for any other purpose.
- Do not expose the battery to liquids or subject it to strong mechanical shock.
- Do not charge the battery for more than 24 hours.
How to Extend Motorola Moto E5 Plus Battery Life?
As mobile phone users, what we want is enough battery life to last the day. Unfortunately, older devices seem to use less power. The battery life of your phone on any given day depends on two key factors. How do you use your phone on a specific date and how you’ve used it in the past.
Here are some useful strategies to increase your phone’s battery capacity.
- Avoid extremes of heat and cold
- Do not drain your phone battery to 0% or charge it to 100%.
- Avoid fast charging.
- Stop apps running in the background
- Reduce screen brightness and turn off brightness adaptation.
- Choose a dark theme.
- Disable widget
- turn off vibration
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC when not in use.
How to change display settings on Moto E5 Plus?
The following steps include instructions on how to set multiple screen settings.
- Go to the home screen.
- Drag the arrow sign up.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Settings.
- Select a display.
- Turn off Adaptive Brightness.
- Choose the brightness level.
- Drag the slider to set the brightness.
- Choose a wallpaper.
- Select an option to change the wallpaper.
- Select the back symbol.
- Choose Advanced.
- Select Sleep to change the amount of time your phone goes to sleep.
- Check out the options.
- By default, rotating the device rotates the screen display. However, you can turn this feature off in the Display menu.
- To change these settings, select Rotate Device and choose an option.
- To change the font size, select the font size and choose an option.
- Scroll down.
- The screensaver feature lets you choose what displays on your phone’s screensaver.
- To adjust what the screen saver displays, select the screen saver and choose an option.
- You will be returned to the home screen.
How long is the Moto E5 Plus warranty period?
Motorola backs up the Moto E5 Plus with a 1-year parts and labor warranty.
If I have a problem with my Moto E5 Plus. Where do I go for support, replacement, or repair?
If you have a problem with your Moto E5 Plus and it is still under warranty, you can contact Motorola Support or the store where you purchased the phone.
If your phone is out of warranty and needs repair due to physical problems such as a cracked screen or bad battery, you must visit an authorized service center or local phone repair shop.
Moto E5 Plus
Motorola Moto E5 Plus phone offers very good specs for its respective price rate. The phone also has a bigger battery.
- At an Affordable price
- Great display
- Compatible with Android 9 Pie
- Excellent battery life
- Average camera